Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Good Night Bear

Posted by Erin Mansfield

So I decided to play around more with the InspirARTion Windows 8 app.  The first drawing I started, developed a rather evil looking face.  As I kept drawing, it grew into something like a vampire/devil.  It was pretty cool, but not what I was after.  I decided I start over.

The next face I made, looked like an angry teddy bear.  Apparently, I need to work on happy faces.  After finally coming up with a more pleasant face, I then drew the rest of the outline for the teddy bear.  I edited my creation with the wonderful Gimp program.  I changed it's perspective and added a simple shadow.  The results are still slightly creepy, but not bad.  It reminds me of being a child and seeing some beloved toy in the dark shadows of the night.  When very young, it's frightening.  Eventually, the image becomes comforting.  The strange shadow is only a reminder that it is time to sleep, while teddy bears and other stuffed toys guard the night.

0 comments: