Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St Patty's Day

Posted by Erin Mansfield

In honor of the day, I decided to learn how to tie a celtic knot. I found an excellent picture tutorial with video at Animated Knots.  I tied the knot with some black nylon rope that's used for jewelry.  I had Kevin take the photo.  I just couldn't get a good shot on something so small.  Then I used gimp to change the color to a nice Irish green and edit out the leftover tail.

 
I also thought a poem about fairies might be appropriate.
 
 
Walking the Fairy Path
 
Walking along the fairy path
Few others dare pass
Afraid, you see
But oh not me
 
Seeking out the fairy folk
So long as they are pleased
And their mischief
Does not involve me
 
The fairy forts,
I'll enter in
Seeking worlds
Unknown to men
 
I seek no gold and steal no treasure
I only want to explore forever
And gain in wisdom
That can not be measured

0 comments: